Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Passion within the Entertainment Industry


http://theblackdiamondgroup.net

Everyone has a favorite area within the Entertainment industry, I happen to have two: TV and Live event productions. I didn’t discover this until the year 2011 when I worked for Univision Networks on their live event awards show “Premios Juventud", which has been the best experience of my life. I was working on a Live TV production while having a great time. The day of the show I said to myself: "this is what I am going to be doing for the rest of my life". Luckily, a year after that I found myself working with them again in their other awards ceremony called “Premios Lo Nuestro."

http://www.univision.com
Something inside of me has always felt some kind of attraction towards the TV industry; I used to always be in front of the TV while my friends were using the computer. In fact, when I was very young I would tell my mom that I knew I would end up doing something big inside that “box" someday.
Now let me tell you some useful information about TV production. Similar to Film production, TV Production is broken down into three phases: Pre-Production, Production and Postproduction.
Pre-production is the planning stage; it is actually considered by many to be “the most important phase” of Production. I can agree with this statement because it is in this stage that you plan every single detail of the production, including: budget, schedule, talent, design, lightning, time, etc. This is the stage in which I intend to focus my work on due to my excellent organizational skills and love for structure, planning and details. 
In Production everything comes together, it can be live or recorded. In live productions you have to be very careful because if something goes wrong you don’t get the chance to record it again, which is a concern you don't have to deal with when it’s recorded considering that you can do it over again until the shot is good.
Last, but not least we have: Postproduction, which is the final stage. Here the show or film is sent in for editing, sound, special effects, etc. Once everything has been revised and approved the job is done.
The world of production is amazing and I must admit I love it. There is nothing that leaves me feeling more satisfied than when a live or recorded show comes together in the end. My biggest dream within the TV industry is to be part of the production team for “The Oscars.” When that day comes I'll know that I have finally arrived to where I was meant to be.
http://lostremote.com/the-second-screen-your-backstage-pass-to-this-years-oscars_b36750


No comments:

Post a Comment