Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Biggest celebration for Movies: The Oscars!


The biggest celebration for movies just happened this past weekend.  The Academy Awards or how everyone knows them “The Oscars,” is the biggest award celebration for outstanding filmmaking achievements.  
Just so you know, last year the Academy signed a 6-year extension of their distribution contract with ABC, in which the event will be aired through this channel until 2020.
 "We are excited to be able to extend our agreement to deliver the world's biggest celebration of entertainment to audiences around the globe. We look forward to building on the foundation of our relationship with the Academy, and working together to reach new audiences on new platforms in the years ahead."- Anne Sweeney


This year has been one of my favorites so far, because they were celebrating music in movies.  My favorite performances of the night were the cast of “Les Misérables,” Catherine Zeta-Jones doing a number of “Chicago” and the beautiful presentation of “The Way We Were” by Barbara Streisand.
 Seth Macfarlane hosted the Oscars. I think that he did a good job, but some of his jokes were a little bit tacky for my taste.
The night was full of surprises, for example: Channing Tatum’s dance with Charlize Theron and Daniel Radcliffe & Joseph Gordon Levitt’s song.  Even though the show went overtime it was beautiful.
Something that I really did not like was Kristen Stewart’s face at the show; she gave the impression that she didn’t want to be there. I do not have anything against her, but they shouldn’t have invited her.

Here is a short list of some of the winners:

  •  Best Picture: Argo
  •  Actor in a Leading Role: Daniel Day-Lewis (Lincoln)
  •  Actress in a Leading Role: Jennifer Lawrence (Silver Linings Playbook)
  •  Directing: Ang Lee (Life of Pi)
  •  Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino (Django Unchained)
  •  Actress in a Supporting Role: Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables)


Hathaway had been widely expected to win for her role as Fantine, having already picked up most major awards leading up to Sunday's ceremony. In her acceptance speech, the actress said that she hopes the "misfortunes of Fantine will only be found in stories and not in real life."- David Ng (LA Times)

I really want to congratulate the producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron and director Don Mischer for the exceptional show.

For me award ceremonies are extremely special, I live them like if I was there physically. I even get anxious like if I was the nominee. My biggest dream has always been to work on the Oscars production team. I am confident that one day I will accomplish it.






No comments:

Post a Comment